One of my missions in this life is to inspire people to connect with Mother Nature and her healing energy. One really simple way to achieve this, is right below our feet and it's called Earthing.
In Ancient times we were greatly connected to the Earth, it’s energy, patterns and cycles. We had a deep appreciation for our Earth and a sense of compassion and respect for all living creatures. We lived off the land and sea, slept underneath the stars and connected to the Earth’s incredible, eternal energy field as a part of daily life.
These days, some of us go days, weeks, even months without ever setting a bare foot on our precious Earth! We continue to build barriers between us and Nature from walking through life with our feet contained in shoes to spending most of our time inside giant buildings elevated from the ground.
We are surrounded by technology, which can leave us feeling ungrounded and sick due to the production of positive electrons. Through absorbing the Earth's negative electrons through the soles of our feet, we are able to balance out the positive electrons. By making this direct contact with the Earth, we receive a charge of energy which makes us feel better, instantly.
This energy is vital for our health and wellbeing. It connects us to life’s vital energy force. Earthing has even been proven to help manage chronic pain conditions, reduce inflammation, heal the mind, body and spirit, ease stress/anxiety, improve quality of sleep and instantly calm the nervous system.
Here are 5 simple ways you can try Earthing and reconnect with Nature’s energy
- Take your shoes off and enjoy your lunch break outside on the nearest patch of grass to receive an instant energy boost!
- Relax with a book at the beach whilst feeling the sand in between your toes. You’ll also be getting a dose of Vitamin Sea. For a bonus charge of energy go for a swim in the ocean.
- Spend some time in your garden. Whether this is starting a veggie patch, watering your plants or planting some new flowers, you’ll receive an energy boost from the contact with the soil and up through the soles of your feet.
- Go for a walk or run barefoot! Choose from your local park or beach and enjoy the fresh air and your surroundings. One of my favourite ways to exercise is to run along the beach, toes in the sand and ocean while listening to my Ipod. It’s such an amazing experience for the senses and always leaves me feeling revitalised.
- Spend time in the great outdoors. Plan to go for a hike or walk and take your shoes off to feel the different textures of the Earth. The cool rocks under your feet, the dense soil , the fresh, flowing water. Mother Nature in her most pure state has healing properties that we are unable to replicate.
It’s amazing to think that such a simple and free concept that is literally underneath our feet, can have such a positive impact on our health and energy levels.
To live to our full energy potential and vitality, we need to be aligned with the same frequency as the Earth. Many of us who put barriers in between the Earth and ourselves, move further away from this frequency. Earthing aligns us with the frequency of the universe and is essential for living a life in harmony with nature.
How can you re-connect with nature's energy this week? I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments below. If you are interested, check out an awesome documentary all about Earthing and it's benefits called ' The Grounded. '
"It was good for the skin to touch the earth, and the old people liked to remove their moccasins and walk with bare feet on the sacred earth… the old Indian still sits upon the earth instead of propping himself up and away from its life giving forces. For him, to sit or lie upon the ground is to be able to think more deeply and to feel more keenly. He can see more clearly into the mysteries of life and come closer in kinship to other lives about him." - Luther Standing Bear, Sioux Indian Chief
Love and light :)