I haven’t posted on here for a little while but I will starting to write more regularly over the next few months. Being a Mama to Violet is my number one priority at the moment and even though there are still plenty of late nights and broken sleep, I will be creating the space to write more and work on lots of exciting things for Green Living Goddess. Stay tuned!
I thought I would write a post today with where I am at on my green living journey, why I chose the name Green Living Goddess and what it means to me.
I have always been drawn to Nature’s beauty and her magic healing ability. I truly believe that she provides us with everything we need for optimal health and wellbeing. Green Living Goddess is all about getting in touch with your divine feminine power, embracing the goddess within. Every woman deserves to feel like a goddess and feel her own beauty radiating out from within.
Through aligning with Mother Nature, we come back to ourselves, our wisdom, our truth and our heart space. We can heal the pieces of us that have been broken by society’s belief systems that have led us to believe we are less than we are. Living a passionate life thriving with energy and vitality is something we can all achieve if we come back to Nature and her healing magic.
Here are 10 tips to embrace green living
- Start your day with a Green Smoothie! This is something I really believe in and works well for me! Starting my morning with a nutrient hit straight from Mother Earth is one of the best habits I have made. I notice a difference almost immediately in my mood, energy levels, ability to think clearly and plan my day. I include some of my favourites like avocado, spinach, chorella, pineapple added with broccoli, coconut water and white chia seeds.
- Go outside and feel the elements on your skin. I love to sit in the sunshine first thing in the morning, soaking up some Vitamin D which is essential for our health! It’s also really nice to connect with the Earth to feel more grounded.
- Exercise outdoors- I love exercising outdoors, feeling the fresh air in my lungs and the wind hitting my skin. It’s so important for not only our physical health, but mental health as well to connect with the elements daily.
- Eating more veggies- We have been led to believe that we need milk products and meat to maintain a balanced diet. However, most of the important nutrients that come from meat and animal products are found abundantly in plant food! Eating food fresh from the Earth that is filled with life energy which makes more sense to me than eating meat that has gone through horrific procedures to get to your plate. Choose to be mindful if you do incorporate meat in your diet and support ethically, organic sources.
- Yoga & meditation- These two practices have been life changing for me. Yoga has helped to calm my mind and connect with the flow of Nature and meditation has been my happy place, a private sanctuary to look within and connect with my true self.
- Natural beauty products- Choose natural beauty products as close to Nature as you can. Organic, toxin free is the way to go to minimize your exposure to dangerous chemicals in a lot of mainstream beauty products that are not only highly toxic for us, but also to our environment especially our marinelife. Start switching out one product at a time to make the change!
- Reduce your carbon footprint- Together we can make a difference, it doesn’t matter how small. Start with one goal each week and come up with creative ways that you can minimize your waste, recycle and reuse. Say no to plastic and adopt the same principle of swapping out the plastic toxins with eco friendly alternatives.
- Plant magic- I’ve recently started using essential oils and have fallen in love with these little bottles of plant magic! There is an oil to support every emotion health concern. My favourite at the moment is Lavender for it’s calming and relaxing properties. I love that they are so versatile and that they work for us and not against us like a lot of synthetic drugs do. Because they are organic compounds, they know exactly what to do for us inside our bodies to support our health and wellbeing.
- Work with the Moon phases- We are lucky as females that we have the opportunity to release anything we no longer need once a month. Being aligned with Nature and in tune with the Moon's phases, means that we can sync our cycles up with her magic. This enables us to live more in flow with our lives and the Earth. We can let go of anything holding us back whether that be negative emotions or old destructive habits to make room for all the good to come into our lives. Manifesting at the time of the new moon is also a powerful; practice that aligns you with the powerful forces of Nature and the universe.
- Follow your passions- Green Living to me also means living passionately aligned with your highest self. Following what lights you up and sharing your unique gifts with the world. The more people that live this way, the better we will all live on this Earth together each contributing our own note in the symphony we are together creating.
Thank you for reading and I hope you feel inspired to connect with Nature in one new way this week. Feel free to comment or share your thoughts or if you have an inspired action you will implement to live green! Stay tuned for my next post I’ll be sharing a bit more about myself and my journey!
Mel- Green Living Goddess x